Project Director London
WE’RE LOOKING FOR a Project Director to take responsibility for a number of project teams in our organsiation, while reporting directly into our Delivery Director. You will hold responsibility for the management and delivery of your project teams, while simultaneously, planning, structuring, leading and executing large delivery programmes of work. You will oversee the financial aspects of those projects under your responsibility and lend your delivery expertise to the agency.
You will be a real self-starter with lots of energy and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills to manage projects, follow TH_NK’s project process and controls to ensure that projects are delivered to the very best standards, on-time and to budget.
IN THIS ROLE you will lead, engage and motivate clients, your project teams, internal stakeholders and third parties. Your responsibilities include:
- Manage the full lifecycle of complex digital projects / programmes under your ownership including; planning, cost estimation and financial tracking, benefits management, quality management, project governance and control, risk management, 3rd party management, business and cultural awareness
- Being the advocate, educator and support for the TH_NK delivery process throughout the agency, while lending your delivery expertise
- Developing and implementing strategic objectives for the delivery team with the other Project Directors and Delivery Director
- Provide regular and accurate reporting to the Delivery Director
- Leading and contribute to new business pitches and responses within the agency, including presenting responsibilities of our delivery approach to new business clients
- Serve as the main client day-to-day interface on the programme by consistently explaining complex ideas clearly, managing expectations for delivery and leading client meetings
- Drive and motivate one or many digital cross discipline teams and it’s members to deliver on our project goals
- Develop and scope agile / scrum project proposals and statements of work leveraging experience of digital strategy, technical environments and user experience
- Effectively communicate programme and project status, process and progress with senior internal stakeholders & clients
- Manage the process for scope changes/change requests with both internal stakeholders and client decision makers
- Responsible for project financial budget, resource time, margin and project investment
- Ensuring the project teams under your ownership meet or exceed their delivery and financial goals and objectives
- Proactively manage project administration, financial reconciliation and utilisation reporting
- Conduct regular retrospective reviews to assess how well the project or campaign was delivered
- Manage third parties on behalf of our client upholding their brand
Initially the role will have no direct line-management responsibilities. After 6 to 12 months you will be responsible for a team of up to 2 PMs. In this capacity, you will be:
- Coaching, supporting, mentoring and growing your team
- Providing leadership and guidance to the delivery team and managing the development of the Senior Project Managers and Project Managers under your responsibility
- Overseeing the delivery of the project teams under your responsibility and supporting with the mitigation of any risks or issues across those projects, ensuring quality assurance procedures are adhered to
YOU’RE an experienced Project Director and you likely regard yourself as a digital native.
Your talents include:
- Demonstrable previous Project Director experience or similar senior roles
- Advanced leadership skills and knowledge of project delivery methodologies, processes and techniques including Agile / Scrum, PRINCE 2, DSDM, Kanban etc.
- Desired owner of APMP Certificate, PRINCE 2 Practitioner, Scrum Master Practitioner, Trainer or Coach etc.
- Experience with enterprise CMS solutions is a must. Sitecore CMS experience is desired
- Strong experience of working with digital Strategists, Engineers, Designers, Scientists and Creatives
- Advanced knowledge of potential sources of risk on digital projects and their impact on project success
- Advanced knowledge of project constraints and complexities of multi-faceted digital projects
- Previous experience of the ability to implement and govern a delivery processes within an agency or organisation with quality gates to measure scope, quality, timeline and budget including early detection of risk and budget variance
- Advanced level stakeholder management skills and budget control skills
- Advanced negotiation, conflict management skills, written and verbal communication skills
- Flexibility to work between TH_NKs London and Newcastle office and our clients site
- Experience is using tools including Team Foundation Server, MS Project/Office, SharePoint and other tools
- Advantageous to have experience of multi programme / project delivery in a multi-faceted and digital environment in different industry sectors
TH_NK is a digital transformation agency. We work with our clients to set and realise their digital ambitions.
10 years has taught us that the need for digital transformation comes in waves. When, in a perfect storm organisations are no longer aligned to a common goal, customers’ expectations outpace their experience, and technology becomes a constraint rather than an enabler.
At TH_NK we uniquely blend the skills and talent from the three kinds of partner clients typically need today. We combine the business focus of consultancies, the customer centricity of agencies, and the tech capability of systems integrators. We believe this makes us a partner for change.
Our success has come from building a team atypical from your average agency.
A team with the expertise and passion to help companies truly integrate digital within the hearts of their business. We are a team of consultants, creatives, analysts, data scientists, designers and engineers; supported by client services and project managers. All smart, progressive TH_NKers who love what they do.
To apply send your CV to Katherine at JoinUs@wearethink.com with 'Project Director' in the subject line.
No agencies, please.