Senior Software Engineer Newcastle
We’re looking for a talented and passionate Senior/Lead Software Engineer to join our team. We are looking for someone who is excited by a challenge and who has the right skills and approach to development.
As a Senior/Lead Software Engineer in our busy engineering team, you will be leading the build and evolution of digital products and services for our clients. You should be passionate about digital technology and be on top of digital trends. You will have experience with the Microsoft technology stack, specifically ASP.NET MVC and C#.
In this role you will be:
- Working as part of project teams throughout the project lifecycle
- Leading the development of .NET web applications and APIs
- Collaborating closely with project management to estimate, plan and deliver projects successfully
- Collaborating closely with architects to ensure the delivery of architecturally sounds digital products and services
- Collaborating closely with the design team to integrate front-end development work
- Collaborating closely with the QA team to ensure the delivery of quality products and services
- Collaborating closely with infrastructure/operations engineers to build robust continuous delivery pipelines
Your experience will include many of the following:
- Strong hands on commercial software development experience with 3+ years in senior/lead roles
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and an ability to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences effectively
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies, preferably Scrum and Kanban
- Experience of modern practices including Test Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) and Continuous Deployment
- Working knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management tools for version control and work item tracking, for example Git, TFS and TeamCity
- It would be beneficial if you have some experience delivering enterprise integration of core business systems such as PoS, Payment, CRM, ERP and Content and Campaign Management tools
- You have the attitude and desire to own and lead projects to their successful outcomes
Essential skills and experience:
- Experience (Years)
- .NET Framework
- MS SQL/Entity Framework
- ASP.NET MVC
- REST APIs (Development)
- REST APIs (Consuming)
- SOAP Web Services (Consuming)
- Developing durable and scalable software architectures
Beneficial skills and experience:
- Experience (Years)
- Sitecore CMS
- NoSQL (preferably mongoDB)
- MuleSoft AnyPoint Platfrom
- ASP.NET WebForms
- SOAP Web Services (Development)
- QA Automation tools (preferably Selenium and SpecFlow)
- AWS (S3, ElastiCache, CloudFront, DynamoDB, RDS, API Gateway)
- Microsoft Azure
TH_NK is a digital transformation agency. We work with our clients to set and realise their digital ambitions
10 years has taught us that the need for digital transformation comes in waves. When, in a perfect storm organisations are no longer aligned to a common goal, customers’ expectations outpace their experience, and technology becomes a constraint rather than an enabler.
At TH_NK we uniquely blend the skills and talent from the three kinds of partner clients typically need today. We combine the business focus of consultancies, the customer centricity of agencies, and the tech capability of systems integrators. We believe this makes us a partner for change.
To apply send your CV to Katherine at JoinUs@wearethink.com with 'Senior Software Engineer' in the subject line.
No agencies, please.