Digital Architect London
We are looking to augment our Consulting practice with a Digital Architect. This new Digital Architect position will support consulting assignments in which we work with our clients to create the future, together. Our projects range from short-term reviews of existing businesses to the development of business strategy, with a client base that ranges from major multi-nationals to start-up business units, and you can expect to work on a similar range of architecture challenges.
The Digital Architect is responsible for integrating business and IT by creating the Digital EA Map, so that the right portfolio of investment projects can be designed and executed and achieves the planned business outcomes.
The Digital Architect is tasked to lead digital transformation in the organisation through Enterprise Architecture efforts.
The role is primarily responsible for producing Digital enterprise Architectures that drive the business strategy and meet relevant client business, technology and regulatory requirements; covering:
- Whole-stack reference models and architectures across application, data and technical domains
- Baseline and Target states and the migration steps from one to the other
- Security, compliance , governance and other key viewpoints
- Customer-facing and middle office systems, and their integration
- Infrastructure and provisioning strategies
- Providing expert consultancy to assist clients in defining there overall technology strategy, designs and delivery programmes
- Helping clients to get more out of their existing Digital channels identifying the best of breed technologies and services based on client needs, constraints and strategies
- Proactively supporting the sales teams to provide expertise in bids
- Acting as digital enterprise architect, working with the delivery team in large or complex programmes
- Lead architecture engagements and major transformation execution through execution phases and where applicable drive internal, client and third party vendor mixed teams
As a consequence, you will need to demonstrate a broad range of skills and experience, with core abilities in:
- Communicating with and managing business stakeholders to understand context and set strategic direction
- Evaluating architecture options and making recommendations in the light of technical, delivery and commercial factors
- Translating business and technical requirements into coherent, consistent and complete architecture designs
- Chairing and leading meetings, such as workshops, reviews and governance bodies
- Taking an active leadership role in the community of consultants
- Engage clients with varying degrees of maturity at the CxO level to lead innovation and the development of strategy.
- Support clients (C-Level & Heads Of) in the establishment of digital architecture functions and architecture operating/governance models.
- Understand, define and capture the architecture of clients and identify opportunities for transformation.
- Define how propositions can be implemented within the client architecture.
And experience of:
- Expressing points-of-view, making recommendations and presenting analysis and recommendations up to board level where appropriate
- Articulating the pros and cons of technology choices and solution design decisions and to construct and present rational options to clients and prospective clients on the options they have
- Facilitating group discussions and leading client strategy and design activities
- Preparing elements of sales proposals to represent Digital expertise, points-of-view and approaches
- Digital B2B and B2C transformation, products and propositions
- Working in a demanding consulting environment and engaging with clients
- Working across multiple projects simultaneously
- Communicating architectures and key decisions to diverse audiences
- Problem solving through innovative and creative thinking
- Providing clear advice and guidance to clients and third-parties
- Exposure to and understanding of core digital technologies and channels
- Emerging solutions in software service architectures (APIs and micro-services), hosting (could-based such as PaaS and Serverless), machine learning and AI, and automation is desirable
- Architecture Frameworks - TOGAF certification
- Communicating strategies, policies and complex technical issues to both business and technical audiences.
- Building large transactional systems with a deep understanding of the technical and operational challenges.
- Architecting solutions including integration middleware, database & data warehouse, front-end technology & framework, infrastructure considerations. This should include experience in delivering architecture including microservices, API based interfaces, high-throughput systems, etc.
- Delivering architecture roadmaps and develop delivery blueprints for the technology design
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Product development lifecycle for digital products, including progressive practices and processes (e.g., DevOps, continuous delivery)
- SAFE certification
TH_NK is a digital transformation agency. We work with our clients to set and realise their digital ambitions
10 years has taught us that the need for digital transformation comes in waves. When, in a perfect storm organisations are no longer aligned to a common goal, customers’ expectations outpace their experience, and technology becomes a constraint rather than an enabler.
At TH_NK we uniquely blend the skills and talent from the three kinds of partner clients typically need today. We combine the business focus of consultancies, the customer centricity of agencies, and the tech capability of systems integrators. We believe this makes us a partner for change.
Our success has come from building a team atypical from your average agency.
A team with the expertise and passion to help companies truly integrate digital within the hearts of their business. We are a team of consultants, creatives, analysts, data scientists, designers and engineers; supported by client services and project managers. All smart, progressive TH_NKers who love what they do.
To apply send your CV to Katherine or Molly at JoinUs@wearethink.com with 'Digital Architect ' in the subject line.
No agencies, please.